Central Supplier Database Registration for your company is actually quite easy and not very time-consuming.
You must first register as a natural person before you can register your business on the website. You will also need an active email address that you can access whilst registering and you will need a cell phone, because you will receive one-time-pin (OTP) messages from the CSD website.
Once you have registered in person, you will need to activate your account. This is done by clicking on the activation link that is sent to your active email account. After your account has been activated, you can start registering your business on the CSD.
Here is some valuable information that you will have to have on hand to register quick and easy:
- Company Name (you have the option to register as a company or any other legal entity, or as an individual or partnership);
- Company or Legal Entity Registration Number;
- Income Tax Reference Number;
- VAT Number;
- Bank details that will be used in your business;
- Physical as well as postal address (especially if the postal address differs from your physical address); and
- Your business’ commodities and a good description thereof.
An interesting feature of the CSD website and the registration process, is that once you have completed each section, it links up with other Government departments such as SARS (South African Revenue Services) and the CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission), as well as the commercial banks in South Africa. This means that:
- Once you have inserted your Income Tax reference number, it shows your tax status, as well as your Tax Clearance Certificate information;
- It retrieves all your directors’ information from the CIPC; and
- It confirms that your bank account is a valid bank account.
Contact us for more information on a Central Supplier Database Registration to serve your company interests.