Imbewu Capital Partners (Pty) Ltd is a black-owned and controlled private equity and investment holding company. Imbewu invests, structures and raises funding for management buy outs, leveraged buy outs and strategic Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transactions in partnership with management teams and shareholders.
The company has a track record of leading and managing complex equity transactions and consortiums. Imbewu is further strengthened by its non-executive directors who collectively have operated at the highest level in business and have complementary skills and networks. It was founded in 2005 and is based in La Lucia Ridge, South Africa.
Imbewu Capital Partners
Imbewu Capital Partners (Pty) Ltd. is a private equity firm specializing in management buy-outs and buying, expansion capital, mezzanine, leverage buy outs, middle market, and strategic Black Economic Empowerment transactions. The firm does not invest in seed, start-up and other early stages. It invests R1 million in companies with enterprise values above R100 million.
It seeks to participate in the sub committees of the Boards of its portfolio companies and prefers to take a stake between of 25% to 45%. The firm seeks to invest through its own balance sheet.
The management team has extensive experience in private equity and investment banking. The executives have the expertise required to identify attractive investment opportunities, design and implement appropriate transaction structures and add value to the underlying investments. The executives have experience in business strategy, implementation of corporate governance guidelines and transformation strategy and have built an extensive business network over the years.
- sound business models;
- strong cash flows;
- sustainable growth;
- enterprise values above R 100 million; and
- where Imbewu can add value.
Imbewu undertakes to add value to the underlying investments by:
- Providing strategic input, including independent assessment of the future strategy of the business;
- Providing assistance where appropriate with the growth acquisition strategy, by identifying, assessing, negotiating, structuring and acquiring potential businesses that complement the investee company;
- Negotiating with potential financiers when raising capital to fund growth;
- Ensuring that the business has an appropriate capital structure to maximise returns;
- Introducing and implementing corporate governance recommendations and guidelines;
- Assisting in the formulation and implementation of the Black Economic Empowerment (“BEE”) strategy;
- Unlocking business opportunities with clients that require strong BEE credentials; and
- Sourcing appropriately qualified black candidates to fill positions available for Employment Equity (“EE”) candidates.
At DTC we understand the complexities of the various funding agencies and the unique application criteria for each. We have assisted thousands of entrepreneurs through the application process to access funding for businesses, and we can assist you with the same.
Contact us for more information on funding through Imbewu Capital Partners.