CSD registration is the government’s process of registering people who provide certain goods and services to government. The Central Supplier Database maintains a list of organisations, institutions and individuals who can provide goods and services to government. To register, you need to stick to a two stage-procedure, with each stage having a number of steps.
To do business with the South African government, you must be registered with the CSD. The database serves as the single source of key supplier information for organs of state. It provides consolidated, accurate, updated, complete and verified supplier information. All prospective business owners who are interested in pursuing opportunities within the South African government must register.
You can self-register on the database. Once you submit your details, these will be assessed for inclusion on the CSD.
Stage 1 of CSD Registration
- You must access the CSD site.
- Register a new CSD account.
- You will receive an activation email, on which you should click to activate the account.
- Log in to the CSD.
- Complete the supplier identification information required.
- Complete the industry classification information required.
- Fill in the contact information fields.
- Fill in the address information fields.
- Complete the bank information.
- Complete the tax information and details.
- Complete the directors’ and members’ information.
- Supply the association’s details, if relevant.
- Complete the commodities information.
- Maintain users.
- Complete information on notifications.
- If there is any relevance to do so, complete the accreditation information.
- Complete the B-BBEE information.
- Click “submit” to proceed.
- You will receive an auto-generated communication when the CSD supplier number and unique reference are sent to you.
- The relevant organs of state will verify the CSD supplier information and communicate.
Once you have followed the procedure above, all you need to do is await the response. If you qualify to be added as a service provider, you now have a chance to do business with the government. The registration process has an additional functionality where you can view supplier overview information, as well as viewing reports.
Contact us for assistance with your CSD registration.